Friday, May 20, 2011

My favorite picture

My favorite photo is not one. Is the same photo take in two different times.

The year 2003 was very special to me, that summer, like all the others summers I went to spend my vacation to the camp, in San Fernando ( VI RegiĆ³n ) with all my cousins. But, that summer was the best, because I was stay two months enjoy with the all family together, not knowing what would be the last summer I would be with my grandmother. My grandmother was like my second mom, and I saw those two months she started to get sick. At the end of February before returning to Santiago all decided to take a picture together. My older cousin is photographer and he put the camera in a position so could take the picture alone, I mean automatic mode. So, they are the first photo, all my loving and small family toghether.

During that year my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer (leukemia) was a terrible news and in a few months the disease had destroyed her energy and vitality. In november of 2003 my grandmother died.

Spent three years in which we all suffer the loss of the fundamental pillars of the family, three years that all of us had changed, summers were not the same. But, in the year 2006 everyone we met again in our beloved camp, we enjoy a fun summer like the old times, at the end of February before returning to Santiago all decided to take a picture together, but this time without my grandmother.

I like these photos because shows the path of life, in three years my family change, all change, but "our beloved" San Fernando continue to host each summer, our camp is the same one who has seen grow up. What relaxation I feel when I am there! When I am with my family and in San Fernando I am happy!.

(Sorry but in this moment I can´t show the picture because I have not available, but as soon as possible the upload)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolina! I think is really good that you and your family can overcome the death of your grandmother and enjoy your vacations again you all together… I hope in the next’s vacations you can keep doing and take a lot of pictures that show’s you as a big family that always still together, even in the sad times.

    ReplyDelete