Friday, December 23, 2011

My first post for English 4 - My favorite movie

Well, I can´t say I have a favorite movie, because during the many periods of my life I've had to many favorite movies. Right now my favorite movie is "Chéri". This film is based on a french novel "Colette" and the name "Chéri"means "My love" in English.


I saw this movie the last week and I loved, the movie is about the love between an old prostitute and a young man, the relationship stems from a chance encounter, but extends to about 6 years becoming a dangerous relationship full of love and passion. When the young man must take responsibility to marry and to leave the prostitute beging the scenes of pain and jealousy.
I like this movie for a many reassons. First, the actors are amazing (Michelle Pfeiffer and Rupert Friend) Second, the atmosphere and music are fascinating.


In general I like this movie because it is not the "typical happy ending love" it is about the impossible love. Impossible for the age and the condition of prostitute of her and the young of him.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caro!

    I don't like romantic movies, but some months ago I saw one called "Elvis and Anabelle" and I really liked it. So if you have some time you should watch it.

    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've never hear about this movie before, but the signle fact that Michelle Pfeiffer is in makes it worth-to-watch-it!
    Have a nice weekend and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete