Friday, January 20, 2012

My favorite kind of music

At this point in my life my favorite style of music is Cumbia. Cumbia is a musical genre and traditional folk dance of Colombia, but the Chilean Cumbia is a subgenre emerged in Chile in the 60 derived from the Colombian cumbia, incorporating elements of Chilean music, both folk and popular. It has a great popularity both in its traditional as well as in their current versions, such as Cumbia Cumbia Romantic and New Chilean Cumbia.
The cumbia I like because it transmits joy and represents in large part to the popular world, a world to which I've linked all my life.
I also like the ability of cumbia to unite generations around the music, dance, songs, because there are issues that have been around for many years in all Chilean parties.The songs I dance now, the dancing years ago my grandparents.
Some of the historical representatives of the Chilean cumbia, La Sonora de TommyRey, Los Viking 5, La Sonora Palacios and between the new representatives are Chico Trujillo, Juana Fe, Villa Cariño and Banda Conmoción.


No comments:

Post a Comment